> On 14 Nov 2020, at 14:48, Hein Meling <hein.mel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I wasn’t planning to use BibDesk at the moment, so this isn’t urgent for my
> part. However, after upgrading to macOS Big Sur, I was once again notified
> that the app needs to be updated… (see attached screenshot). I can of course
> disable this check and run it anyway, but why not put this through the Apple
> process and get it checked and signed.
>
> At the same time, I’m curious why still stay on sourceforge? It feels so
> antiquated and full of commercials that I’d rather stay away from it… I
> personally use GitHub, but there are others like bitbucket and gitlab. While
> I’m not a macOS dev, I suspect that it would be easier to get help from
> others if hosted on github.
>
> Best,
> :) Hein
>

> <Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 14.26.51.png>

It would be a lot of work to convert the project to git and move it to GitHub.
I am not even sure how to do this. Also, moving from sourceforge would be a
problem, because the app itself points to it, for instance for its update
checking. We cannot retroactively change that. As for the AppStore, I don’t
have a license and am not willing to pay for it. Moreover, probably it would be
rejected, because we use features they do not allow. And we are open source, so
paying would be hard.

Christiaan