Hi all,

We should resist to become all “slaves" of Apple by giving in. As long as Apple
does not deprecate the mechanism to override these warnings I opt for the
approach Christiaan is in favor of.

Unfortunately the open source community manages not to bombard Apple with
complains that the mechanism to override this blocking of all not Apple Store
software is not offered by default. But in my view that is the approach we
should go for, not the opposite. Otherwise we risk to harm open source
developments in general, I fear.

Regards,
Andreas

ETH Zurich
Prof. em. Dr. Andreas Fischlin
IPCC Vice-Chair WGII
Systems Ecology - Institute of Biogeochemistry and Pollutant Dynamics
CHN E 24
Universitaetstrasse 16
8092 Zurich
SWITZERLAND

andreas.fisch...@env.ethz.ch<mailto:andreas.fisch...@env.ethz.ch>
www.sysecol.ethz.ch/people/andreas.fischlin.hml<http://www.sysecol.ethz.ch/people/andreas.fischlin.hml>

+41 44 633-6090 phone
+41 44 633-1136 fax
+41 79 595-4050 mobile

             Make it as simple as possible, but distrust it!

On 14/11/2020, at 14:48, Hein Meling