On Tuesday, July 10, 2007, at 01:17PM, "Rajarshi Guha" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
>Hi, having recently moved to OS X, I've greatly benefited from
>Bibdesk. Thanks to the developers for a very neat tool.
>
>One of the really useful features has been the ability to get refs
>from Pubmed through Bibdesk.
>
>I was wondering what would be involved in accessing Web of Science
>through Bibdesk. Obviously this would be restricted to users who have
>access to WoS (usually via an institution) - but I'd be willing to
>look into this, if somebody could point me in the right direction.

We search PubMed by crafting URLs with an embedded query.  If you can find a
URL/query specification for searching WoS and retrieving results, we can add
support for it (we already parse the ISI output files).  I've looked for a
programmatic API for searching WoS, but it doesn't appear to exist.

--
adam