On 12.07.2007, at 04:01, Rajarshi Guha wrote:

> On Jul 11, 2007, at 9:54 PM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:
>
>>> and the above string would simply be passed in as the query
>>> field. So
>>> you're not restricted to just search on topic (TS) but can include
>>> title (TI), author (AU), publication year (PY) etc.
>>>
>>> Obviously a UI for individual fields is nice, but if you're familiar
>>> with WoS you can simply type in the query as you would in the WoS
>>> web
>>> page interface (faster for expert use)
>>
>> Well, I'm not an expert, and I'm not likely to remember those query
>> keys :).  This is finally a search feature I find useful, so I'm
>> inclined to add a UI for it.  Either allowing single-field
>> specification, as we do with database searching (buttons for  each
>> search type), or a token field.
>
> Yes, a UI would certainly be handy.
>
> Thanks for getting this into Bibdesk - I love open source :)

I realize that this feature has just been checked in, but ATM the
data which gets imported is very rudimentary. It looks like neither
publication, volume, issue or page number is available which makes
this much less useful. Is this data just not parsed or isn't
available via the web service?

Anyway, thanks for this feature which I thoght was impossible. ;)
simon

--
Dr. Simon Spiegel
EDV-Koordinator

Seminar für Filmwissenschaft
Plattenstrasse 54
CH-8032 Zürich
+41 44 634 35 37
www.film.unizh.ch

Büro: Wilfriedstrasse 6, Raum 006, +41 44 634 35 06