If anyone's interested in testing, I've updated both the test version of
BibDesk and the FileViewTest program at <http://homepage.mac.com/amaxwel/>.
The BibDesk build is otherwise identical to the latest nightly build.

Rearranging should work now, and it should also be significantly faster (and
hopefully use less memory).  Dragging remote URLs to the Finder should also
create webloc files.  I'm definitely interested in any crashes or odd interface
problems; I notice that shadows aren't always redrawn correctly in BibDesk, for
instance.

thanks,
Adam