On Sep 9, 2007, at 14:05, Christiaan Hofman wrote:

> On 9 Sep 2007, at 4:34 PM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:
>
>> My hope is that a revised editor window would help new users discover
>> AutoFile and the other file-related features we have.  It'll need
>> some
>> background text that says "drop files here."
>>
>> Adam
>
> Perhaps only when it's empty?

Exactly.  I put up a new demo app at
<http://homepage.mac.com/amaxwell/.Public/FileViewTest.app.zip
 > that has a first pass at this.  It's not subtle.

It also has drag-and-drop insert support, and key navigation with
arrow keys.  Rearranging objects will require a bit more work, but I
think most of the UI bits are in place now.  I also rewrote the
datasource API and added bindings support this afternoon, so I'm
curious to see if that's any more efficient with BibDesk's preview.

--
adam