Hey folks -

I'm having a strange problem with BibDesk.  It is as follows:

I import references into BibDesk by dragging PDF files into my
BibDesk library, which prompts BibDesk to create a new, blank
reference entry that I can complete.  Sometimes, though, the new
reference entry BibDesk creates is not blank -- many of the fields
are auto-magically completed.  This would be cool and useful if not
for the fact that the information BibDesk supplies is universally and
completely incorrect, turning this would-be-useful feature into a
headache.  I do not want to have to keep cleaning out the mess that
BibDesk enthusiastically shoves into these new reference entries.

Please, is there a way to disable this "feature"?  I cannot find
anything about it in the help file, the website, or BibDesk's
settings.  (Probably because I do not know what it could possibly be
called, beyond some sort of "autocomplete".)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much!

Best
- Chris MacMinn