On 2007-November-06  , at 19:10 , Adam R. Maxwell wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 06, 2007, at 10:02AM, "jiho"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On 2007-November-06  , at 18:33 , Christiaan Hofman wrote:
>>> It finds as much data as is available an as we know about. So if it
>>> does not fill in much it simply does not find more. It can be
>>> that it
>>> is data we don't know about, but more probable is that the data is
>>> not well formed or is simply not available.
>>
>> Thanks for the answer. Is there a way for me to "see" this data
>> because in the second case, BibDesk detects dublin core data but does
>> not add _anything_ to the publication info, so that's strange. I
>> guess it is a problem of malformation in the data supplied by the
>> journal and I would like to report it to them. To do so, I should
>> know what to expect and what they give.
>
> Do you get a message that the page has Dublin Core META tags?  It
> looks to me as if BibDesk may be misinterpreting that page as
> containing Dublin Core data.  Mike is responsible for that code, so
> hopefully he can explain what's going on; I don't have a clue about
> the data requirements.

I get a message indeed, a sheet coming out telling me:

Autofill Bibliography Information

Do you want me to autofill information from Dublin Core META tags?
This may overwrite fields that are already set.

But its occurence is indeed strange.

For the first link, when I go directly to this page in BibDesk:
        http://compbiol.plosjournals.org/perlserv/?request=cite-
builder&doi=10.1371/journal.pcbi.0010057
the info is filled automatically for me (just misc and some
keywords), without asking anything. Now if I go to this page:
        http://compbiol.plosjournals.org/perlserv/?request=get-
document&doi=10.1371/journal.pcbi.0010057
(which also auto-fills metadata the same way) and then click on the
citation link (right column) which takes me to the address just
above, the sheet appears.

For the second link, when going directly to this page in BibDesk:
        http://www.int-res.com/abstracts/meps/v347/p39-49/
I don't get the sheet. But when I go to the contents page:
        http://www.int-res.com/abstracts/meps/v347/
and then click the link to the original page: MEPS 347:39-49 (third
research article), I get the sheet.

So it seems there is a difference between when I visit the page by
directly entering the address or by navigating inside bibdesk.
That's probably why Christiaan is not seeing anything when going
straight to the addresses I sent in the previous email.

JiHO
---
http://jo.irisson.free.fr/