On Friday, November 09, 2007, at 10:33AM, "Mark Eli Kalderon" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Is there a way for the local urls to work with tilde expansion? I
>have a bib file that I keep in a subversion repository and would like
>to use on multiple computers and while the home directories are
>mirrored the usernames and hence the full paths differ (not my
>choice). That means the local urls are broken on the new computer.
>Any ideas about how to work around this?

Tilde abbreviated paths should work just fine.  If I replace

file://localhost/Volumes/Local/amaxwell

with "~", everything works as it should.  You can go through and change entries
in bulk using the find & replace panel.  I'm not sure how (or if) AutoFile
works with tilde, though; as far as I recall it creates an absolute or
document-relative path.

--
adam