On 30.12.2007, at 00:11, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

> On Dec 29, 2007, at 2:52 PM, Ingrid Giffin wrote:
>
>> Do I understand correctly, that there will no longer be the file
>> icon in the
>> column view?
>
> Yes.
>
>> This would be a major loss of functionality for me.
>
> Have you tried the new system?  There's a lot of functionality added,
> so please use it for a while and let us know you're trying to do
> that's no longer possible.

I must say that I still don't get the new system. I migrated my files,
so far so good. But how do I file papers now? Here's what I did:

- I created a new entry as always.
- I selected "Choose File" (either with the tools icon in the left
lower corner or with the contextual menu in the files pane).
- I selected the file as always.

Here's what happened:

- The file itself was renamed and moved according to my setup (as
before).
- The file pane only shows an icon with a question mark and it
displays the original file name.
- Double clicking on this icon doesn nothing, neither does "Reveal in
Finder".

If I take the file which has been moved to my designated folder and
drop it to the files pane, I get the result I wanted, but I don't
think that this is the intended workflow.

simon

--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

„Was soll aus mir mal werden, wenn ich mal nicht mehr bin?“ Robert
Gernhardt