Hi!

I don't know if it's a question better asked on a LaTeX-list or here
and if it's OT or not but I don't know really where to ask and
therefore I ask here and set it off-topic.

What's the right way to cross-reference? And what's the actual usage pattern?

E.g. I have here several pdfs with chapters from within one book. Do I
create now one item (book) with several local files (is that somehow
possible?) or do I create one book-item and several inbook-items for
each chapter and cross-reference them. When I the latter one is the
better solution, do I put the crossref-field into the inbook-items or
several crossref-fields into the book-item?

When would I else use a crossref-item except of such a situation?

Niels