On 1 Feb 2008, at 3:54 PM, Etienne Roesch wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think you are right, everything points to a bug in the way LyX
> handles the bib items. I wonder if it's due to the encoding of the
> files.
>
> Anyway, to wrap up: i converted the local-url files using the macro,
> most of my bib items containing such files yielded an error "files or
> url cannot be found" (in french). Given that the conversion seemed to
> have worked anyway (my old bib items do contain a new link to the
> files), I used the find and replace option to remove the local-url
> fields in bulk.

Strange, you get these error messages, it only gives error messages
when the URLs in the fields could not be converted to a proper URL.
So you say the blue side views contain all the linked fields and URLs?

> .. but that did not solve my problem.
>
> Pdflatex (called by LyX) does not seem to bother and does provide the
> ouput I want so I won't bother either for now.
>
> Thanks!

Also if you use it one-way (BibDesk->LyX) you could export as minimal
bibtex (which drops bibdesk's special fields).

Christiaan