On 1 Feb 2008, at 6:24 PM, Etienne Roesch wrote:

>> Strange, you get these error messages, it only gives error messages
>> when the URLs in the fields could not be converted to a proper URL.
>> So you say the blue side views contain all the linked fields and
>> URLs?
>
> Jep, and the "funny" thing is that when clicked the local-url field
> did open the appropriate file.
> I noticed that the url to the file contained converted spaces to the
> usual form %20.
> My key for automatic filing is: %a1%Y%u0-%T.pdf   which obviously has
> spaces embedded. The mismatch between the actual name, and the url
> might have caused the error, no?

No, we never compare a path to a URL. that would obviously not work,
as you note. Also a mismatch would not lead to an error message. The
error message should only occur when the file from the Local-Url
field could not be found. I explained how this could have happened in
my other mail. If the linked files exists in the blue view there is
no problem.

> Speaking of which, I don't recall having added the ".pdf" at the end
> of the key, which sometimes caused the key to end with two dots (one
> for the end of the title, and one for the extension). Any way to fix
> that, and only have one?

No. A period is a valid character, so there is no option to remove
it. Also it is probably preferable to use %e instead of .pdf, in case
you even want to link a file of another type.

Christiaan