Am 20.02.2008 um 22:18 schrieb Christiaan Hofman:

>> …

> I also don't know what direction it will take. I also would like to
> see it going more in the direction of more general users. But I also
> have said I won't be doing that, as I don't use it that way, and I'm
> not going to do the lots of research to figure out how to support non-
> bibtex based use. Also, I'm afraid I won't be able to keep on the
> active development as i've done until now for very long anymore. So
> unless another developer joins, BibDesk will develop in no direction
> at all.
>
> Christiaan

Woah!
I don't want to be responsible for the turn of the discussion in that
direction. I am quite happy about BibDesk which does incredible things
in connection with LaTeX. It does so for quite a while and the
developers have come up with so many new ideas all the time when one
thinks hey this cannot be any better.
At the heart of the problem is still La TeX and everything which
evolves around it: it is technical, difficult (or at least with a
steep learning curve). Bibdesk's part has been making a lot of things
easier or feasible and free of cost! There is so much useful stuff
(e.g. well designed and implemented) in it that at times important
things might be overlooked (in my case the transparent handling of
encodings, sth. which is difficult to understand independently of
LaTeX, BibDesk or else by this humble mind). But this for this
BibDesk's or its developer's are not to blame.
I hope the BibDesk-project can continue! Unfortunately I cannot be of
any help since I am no programmer…

Greetings, many thanks, Rolf

--
Rolf Schmolling M.A. Historian, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://rolf_schmolling.macbay.de/