On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 12:33 PM, Adam R. Maxwell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thursday, April 03, 2008, at 12:03PM, "Michael McCracken" <[EMAIL
> PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  >Hey Adam, I just tried it and it works very nicely.
>
>  Cool, thanks for the check!
>

>  >One thing I noticed about the DBLP is that it's very bibtex oriented.
>
>  Yes...in fact, I'm pulling BibTeX from it directly instead of parsing the
> SOAP results, since they're not complete (and because of the crossref issue).
>

>  >For a given @inproceedings, it includes a crossref for the
>  >corresponding @proceedings.
>  >
>  >This record:
>  >http://dblp.uni-trier.de/rec/bibtex/conf/srds/ShafiSB03
>  >
>  >shows both the @inproceedings and the @proceedings with extra info.
>  >
>  >I honestly don't know how hard this could be, but it might be nice to
>  >be able to import  a crossref for a paper that has one, since it's
>  >more complete to have both.
>
>  I did a search for "shafi" and came up with this result you linked to.
> Double-clicking it showed crossref buttons in the editor, and clicking one of
> those opened the crossref.  If you can find a case where the @inproceedings
> and @proceedings parent aren't downloaded together, let me know, since the
> parent entry is definitely required for these and it's supposed to be present.

I tried it again and I see the crossref buttons and the crossref
itself as you mentioned, but I don't see the crossref entry in the
search results, and it's not clear how I'd import it.

What I tried the first time was I imported the @inproceedings item,
and the @proceedings item wasn't imported along with it, so I assumed
it hadn't been read. Apparently it has but it just needs to be carried
along with the import?

-mike