On Apr 21, 2008, at 12:57 PM, Christiaan Hofman wrote:

> We use that as the default when dragging template or tex or something.
> We need to display something representing the dragged items. As we
> don't know what the template does, displaying the templated output
> could be too big and possibly too slow. So that's not a bug.
>
> Christiaan
>
> On 21 Apr 2008, at 6:30 PM, James Harrison wrote:
>
>> I've found what appears to be a problem in the current nightly
>> (20080420); otherwise it seems fine in light general testing and
>> fairly heavy testing with CiteInPages.
>>
>> When the preferences are set to use a template for the default
>> copying
>> and dragging format, the text during dragging shows the cite key in a
>> ConTeXt style display (instead of the template) and an html
>> representation of the full entry is dropped into the target document
>> instead of the chosen template representation. Dragging TeX cite
>> commands still works fine. Deleting and re-creating the template
>> entry
>> in the preferences does not help. Removing the plist file from the
>> Preferences folder and re-creating the preferences for the template
>> and drag format from scratch also does not help.

I just mentioned the appearance of the dragged text as an aside. I see
that it was like that before. The problem is actually the second item
mentioned above--sorry about the lack of clarity.

The text inserted into the target document after a "template drag"
based on the CiteInPages inTextCitation.txt template does not
correspond to the template. Instead it is an html representation of
the full entry. After a bit more testing, it appears that the template
drag mechanism is broken in the current nightly such that only the
default html template is used as an entry drag template, no matter
what template is chosen.

Jim Harrison
UVa