I usually use Copy as RIS to exchange references with the poor sods
using Endnote.  However recently (I think) I've noticed that BibDesk
doesn't include the TY (type) of reference, which confuses Endnote no
end.  I'm pretty sure that RIS should always have that filled out:

http://www.refman.com/support/risformat_tags_01.asp

For example this bibtex:

@article{paskin2002digital-object-,
        Author = {Paskin, Norman},
        Journal = {Information Services & Use},
        Number = {2/3},
        Pages = {97--113},
        Title = {Digital object identifiers},
        Volume = {22},
        Year = {2002}}

Becomes this RIS:

TY  -
AB  - Discusses developments in digital object identifier (DOI)
system.  Fundamental design principles of information identifiers that
influence DOI; Connection between digital preservation and DOI; Types
of technical interoperability; Metadata system designed for stability.
AU  - Paskin, Norman
GR  - CRI2006
JA  - Information Services & Use
NU  - 2/3
PG  - 97--113
T3  - Digital object identifiers
VL  - 22
Y1  - 2002
ER  -

Notice the empty TY field?  It should, I think, be TY  - JOUR

Do others notice this? Is it perhaps something I've done to a template
or preference to change that?

Thx,
James