On 13 Jul 2008, at 12:43 PM, Alex Hamann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> playing around with the export templates I ran into the following
> problem: the default rtf export template does not respect german
> Umlauts. I tried to change the bib-file's encoding from UTF-8 to ISO
> Latin 1 and Mac Roman but still the problem persists. James
> Harrison's preview template produces the correct output.
> I could not find any hint about how the encoding of the templates is
> set. Could any of the template wizards give me a hint what I am
> overlooking?
>
> Cheers,
> Alex

Templates should always be saved in UTF-8 encoding. For RTF this is
not relevant, because that uses UTF-8 always anyway. Non-ascii
characters should not be a problem, especially for RTF templates. The
only thing I can think of is some cleaning key that removes umlauts.
Are you talking about umlauts in generated content or content in the
template file itself?