Hi -

I'm wondering how the Bdsk-File-1 entries in bib files are encoded, and if
it should be relatively easy to have a centralized location where papers can
be stored and shared along with the bib file that references them.

I'm guessing that Bdsk-File-1 might be something like a base64 encoding of
the full path to the file, but I'm not sure.  I'm also not sure if  the
"file papers relative to each document" might make sharing a bib file with
associated paper pdfs simple across different machines with different
pathnames.  Are perhaps full and relative pathnames stored in the bib file?

Thanks in advance, I love Bibdesk :-)

-jsnyder