Oh, where to start?

1: These aren't weird cite keys, they are standard LaTeX citekeys.
2: To transform the document-with-cite keys into a document with bibliography etc. you will need some sort of macro or script which converts one to the other. There are some very nice ones for Apple's Pages, written by James Harrison.
http://jhh.med.virginia.edu/main/CiteInPages
However, I do not know of any for Microsoft Word.

Yours,

James

James Owen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]