On Jan 28, 2009, at 4:05 AM, Jonas Zimmermann wrote:

Adam, Thanks a lot! definitely no waste of time! Although I must say I
like the Finder/Journler/attached-file-in-BD approach better (a few
predefined labels, accessible via the contextual menu, visible even
when selected, more OS-X-y appearance in general) I'd rather have it
this way than not at all.

I implemented it using the color picker, since that's what's used in Mail. You can also predefine colors in the color picker, although I recognize that's not what you want. Visible when selected can't be implemented as Finder does, since BibDesk doesn't have the horizontal room that an outline/browser does.

If this won't become a main version feature, can you make the code
public so I can add it to a private version of BD (yeah, I keep
compiling my own version of TeXShop as well).

http://tcobrowser.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/tcobrowser/trunk/bibdesk/?sortby=date#dirlist