On 30 Jan 2009, at 7:00 PM, Sumit Narayan wrote:

Thanks for the shortcut Adam.

Sumit

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 12:56 PM, Maxwell, Adam R <adam.maxw...@pnl.gov > wrote:
On 01/30/09 09:51, "Sumit Narayan" <sumna...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As a suggestion - if we had an option to enforce cite-key generation for all > entries even if imported from web, it will be cool and encourage more users to > use that option. If such an option exist, please let me know and also ignore
> my comment.

You have to select it after import and use cmd-k to generate a new cite key. Keys are only generated automatically for manually entered references and
types that don't include a key (e.g. RIS).

--
adam

Moreover if you want to enforce this, you can also use script hooks. You can take the sample script hook for lookup from pubmed as inspiration, as this also can generate the cite key and auto-file the linked file.