On 11 Feb 2009, at 11:49 AM, Miguel Ortiz Lombardia wrote:

>>> This script doesn't work with BibDesk 1.3.19 (1387) (I think it
>>> was a
>>> nightly from late December, when pdf DOI parsing was added, not
>>> that I
>>> say this has anything to do, just to put a date), ie. it does remove
>>> the file from the publication entry but it does not delete it from
>>> the
>>> disk as it used to.
>>
>> You're wrong there. It never deleted the file from disk. And it also
>> never should.
>>

> Oops! I was convinced it had... but of course you must be right.
> Can this be done via a script-hook attached to 'Remove File or URL'?
>
> Thank you!
>

> Miguel

I don't think a remove file/URL script hook should be added. Moreover,
I truly think that deleting the file automatically on disk whenever
the file is removed is very wrong, and I wouldn't want to participate
in enabling it. Note that BD has a Move To Trash contextual menu item
for the linked files. If you want to delete the file from disk in
AppleScript you just simply do that (e.g. using Finder).