On 03.03.2009, at 21:32, James Harrison wrote:

> Also, if there was any thought of including my preview template in
> BibDesk, I'd want to do a little work on it, perhaps with some help
> from someone who is deeply knowledgeable about templates. It works
> well for me now, but there are couple of lesser-used bibliography
> types that I think could be covered better, and I'm not sure that I am
> using conditional punctuation optimally in all cases. If it becomes
> more widely used and anyone has any problems, please feel free to let
> me know (especially if you know how to fix it!) and I'll try to make
> improvements.
>
> Jim Harrison

Hello James,

I hope this does not come across to be overly critic but I'll take
your offer to report back weaknesses by the word.
I am also not sure if I should post this over the mailing list of
just directly to you but I decided for the former, maybe this will
help finding a solution more easily.
Your template seems to struggle with multiple editors. The following
item

@book{Berdal:2007aa,
        Address = {Cambridge},
        Editor = {Berdal, Mats R. and Economides, Spyros},
        Publisher = {Cambridge University Press},
        Title = {United Nations Interventionism, 1991--2004},
        Year = {2007}}

is shown as follows using your template:
        United Nations Interventionism, 1991--2004
.  Cambridge: Cambridge University Press; 2007.

                                (Berdal:2007aa, book)

Second example, now with multiple authors. Works better, just a
period after the first author's abbreviated first name could be
inserted.

@book{Debiel:2002aa,
        Address = {New York},
        Author = {Debiel, Tobias and Klein, Axel},
        Date-Added = {2009-02-25 22:49:08 +0000},
        Date-Modified = {2009-03-06 22:44:10 +0000},
        Isbn = {1842771701},
        Publisher = {Zed Books},
        Title = {Fragile Peace: State Failure, Violence, and Development in
Crisis Regions},
        Year = {2002}}

=>
Fragile Peace: State Failure, Violence, and Development in Crisis
Regions
Debiel T, Klein A.  New York: Zed Books; 2002.

                                (Debiel:2002aa, book)

Last example which shows a weakness in dealing with multiple first
and middle names:

@book{Prescott:1981aa,
        Address = {Honolulu, Hawaii},
        Author = {Prescott, J. R. Victor},
        Publisher = {East-West Environment and Policy Institute},
        Series = {Research report},
        Title = {Maritime Jurisdiction in Southeast Asia: A Commentary and
Map},
        Volume = {no. 2},
        Year = {1981}}

=>
Maritime Jurisdiction in Southeast Asia: A Commentary and Map
Prescott JRV.  Vol. no. 2. Honolulu, Hawaii: East-West Environment
and Policy Institute; 1981.
(Prescott:1981aa, book)

Best,

Alex