On 24 May 2009, at 11:33 PM, Etienne Roesch wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> First all, many thanks for the comments, ideas, and help that followed
> my original post. And thanks a lot too for BibDesk and the great tool
> it is!
>
> I am now in the process of building my own applescript to add the pdf
> currently viewed by Safari to a new bibitem in BibDesk. Everything
> works fine, but I am unsure about the best way to add the file to the
> bibitem. Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> ~e

Have a look at the sample script in the BibDesk Script menu (option-
click the me nu item). Basically, in AS you add files to an item using
something like:

tell aPub
     add aFile to beginning of linked files
end

where aPub is a publication and aFile is a (POSIX) file, e.g. created
as 'set aFile to POSIX file thePath". Adding linked URLs is similarly,
using a URL string and 'linked URLs' instead.

HTH,