On 12/14/09 08:42, "Sumit Narayan" <sumna...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have auto-file and auto-generate for the cite key set in my options.
> If I drag a PDF to BibDesk main window, it opens the entry detail
> window for me to enter the details. I start typing the book title, and
> I realize that I already have the document with me, so I close the
> window. I get a fall-down curtain window saying -
>
> The cite key for this entry has not been set, and AutoFile did not
> have enough information to file the paper.  Would you like to cancel
> and continue editing, or close the window and keep this entry as-is?
>
> But the only options are Cancel and Keep.

As they ought to be, in accordance with the dialog text...

> I actually want to get rid
> of this entry and right now, the only way is to click Keep and then go
> and delete the entry.

Correct.

> I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, or if this the way
> everyone believes it should be? Would it help to have another button,
> like 'Delete' along with the two existing ones?

Sure, it might help people delete references accidentally :).  More
seriously, the alert is purely to help you ensure that you get all the
information entered, not provide a full UI for all possible actions you
might want to take.  It's helpful when you've missed a field or need to
force autofile/citekey generation.