On 12/14/09 14:16, "Adam R Maxwell" <adam.maxw...@pnl.gov> wrote:

> Each error condition could be written differently, but this dialog went
> through a number of tedious iterations to finally make the buttons and text
> consistent and satisfy various persnickety users.

Not heated, but here's a discussion we had the last time around on this
issue.

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=12EC4030-1E61-42A6-
8E8A-2714FC41889F%40mac.com&forum_name=bibdesk-users

I totally forgot about most of this reasoning, even the bits that were my
own, so I should probably shut up now.

Regardless of the wording, if you're seeing this dialog frequently, you may
want to do something differently.  For instance, in the OP's case, cmd-z to
undo should get rid of that pub and the editor window without any alerts.
If you see it frequently because of autofile/citkey, you might consider
changing your format.