On Jan 17, 2010, at 18:31, Fischlin Andreas wrote:

> Thanks for the hints Christiaan,
>

>> An empty selection could also be an empty list (I think that should be the
>> case, so that will be true in future versions).
>
> Ok
>

>> Why are you moving linked files to linked URLs, instead of to linked files?
>
> Because I didn''t know that would work as well.

It's in the sample script.

But be aware that you pass files.

>> And the preferred way to add linked files and URLs is to use the "add"
>> command, as in 'add theFile to end of linked files of thePub'.
>
> see above
>
>> Also, an easy way to get a generated value is to make use of BibDesk's
>> format parsing through the "parse format" command, as in 'parse format
>> "%f{Cite Key}1/%f{Cite Key}.pdf" for field "dummy" of thePub', or in the
>> case of Daniele, 'parse format "%a1/%Y.pdf" for field "dummy" of thePub'.
>
> AFAIK that would not work, since I can not rely on BibDesks parsing, I need
> increasing numbers and not simply a gap for my cite keys. And if several
> linked files are used the naming rule goes as this:
>
>       1) <cite key>.pdf                       for work itself
>
>       2) <cite key>_S.pdf             for supplementary material
>
>       3) <cite key>_S2.pdf            for more supplementary material
>
>       4) <cite key>_S3.pdf            for more supplementary material
>       63) <cite key>_S3.pdf   for more supplementary material
>       User is alerted with warning message
>
> Regards,
> Andreas

I don't see why that means you can't use "parse format", you can just adapt the
format for these cases. And I don't understand what you mean by a gap. What
"parse format" does is just generate the the relative path based on the cite
key, essentially what you're doing with several lines of applescript, nothing
more.