Again, I'm not talking about BibDesk to figure out the extra index (through %n or something), that wouldn't work anyway because BD would try to find an index for a file that does /not/ exist (i.e. are unique), while you're looking for indexes for files that /do/ exist. But to hard-code that into the format to use for a trial- format. So you can use a format "%f{Cite Key}1/%f{Cite Key}_S1.pdf" for the next trial, etc.

Christiaan
Sure I could.

But I have another question: Can I add a file at a particular position instead of beginning or end?

Andreas