On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 5:50 AM, Dan <danstow...@users.sourceforge.net>wrote:

> I've had some people recommend JabRef but, blimey, it's clunky in
> comparison to BibDesk! It has that ugly windowsy java design, it feels
> to me not particuarly productive (though that's a first impression).
> It also changed my .bib file in ways I didn't want. Is there anything
> for linux that's better? Or is JabRef not so bad really?

JabRef is best of breed for bibtex managers for Linux as far as feature set
is concerned, I'm afraid. I've not done a survey of them in a number of
years, but JabRef is what I've been using for about five years now. One of
the others may have improved in that time. I agree with you that compared to
BibDesk, all the others are clunky!

Kirk
--
$DO || ! $DO ; try