It is difficult to understand what the goal should be. Regardless of what the
people do, to merge the various records into a single, usable bib file means
having to assign new cite keys to avoid duplicate cite keys. BibDesk helps you
in this by highlighting the records, which have duplicates and helps you in
finding/selecting the culprits. Then a manual fixing of the duplicate cite keys
is most likely unavoidable and asking the people who have contributed the
records to fix the problem in their data bases as well to support smooth
collaboration in the future.

If the issue is another one, e.g. redundant records that are not identical and
use different cite keys, again BibDesk helps you there to find those and to
possibly weed out redundant records (Menu command "Database -> Select
Duplicates").

If the issue should be multiple bib files with possible redundancies, I suggest
to merge them all into one bib file and then resolve the issues I understood
might be present as described above.

Perhaps I misunderstood, which means, I guess, you have to explain better what
your problem really is.

Regards,
Andreas

ETH Zurich
Prof. Dr. Andreas Fischlin
Systems Ecology - Institute of Integrative Biology
CHN E 21.1
Universitaetstrasse 16
8092 Zurich
SWITZERLAND

andreas.fisch...@env.ethz.ch
www.sysecol.ethz.ch

+41 44 633-6090 phone
+41 44 633-1136 fax
+41 79 221-4657 mobile

             Make it as simple as possible, but distrust it!