On 07.08.2011, at 17:58, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

> On Aug 7, 2011, at 08:23 , Christian Pleul wrote:
>
>>> I guess we could add recent searches to the search field.
>>>
>>> Christiaan
>>
>> That would be a nice step!
>
> Just revert to BibDesk 0.97 or so :).  IIRC that got really messy, so we
> removed the recent searches feature, either when regex searching was added
> (long ago removed) or Search Kit was added (the present).
>
> Have you considered using Smart Groups?  Those let you do more things
> per-field, and are designed to be saved.  If you want to set set up
> fine-tuned searches and repeat them, I think that might be a better feature
> for you to try.

At the moment, I am using some smart groups to group sources according to
certain aspects (related to contained keywords). The idea to use these smart
groups is interesting. I will give it a try.

Anyway, to keep all "searches" safe in one place and not ending up with a to
crowded sidebar, it would be great to group them into a folder or something
similar. Is there already a way to do this?

Best,
--
        Christian

-It's better to be a pirate than to join the Navy.-

John Sculley and John A. Byrne, 1987