Looks like Apple has broken their icon drawing code in Lion, at least in
10.7.3.  This will affect any situation where the icon view would draw a
generic folder or file icon, or possibly one of the generic URL icons; this bug
report is what caused me to investigate:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3483703&group_id=61487&atid=497423

I now have a frequent crash with a minimal test case, but the problem is
/somewhat/ random, in that it crashes about 80% of the time.  Another version
of BibDesk with slightly different memory layout could be enough to avoid the
problem.  I suppose I should file a bug report with the phone company formerly
known as Apple Computer...

--
Adam