From: Morten Risager <mrisa...@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 1, 2018 7:47:06 AM
To: bibdesk-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Bibdesk-users] Reading pdfs from Bibdesk on iPad

Hi list,

To cut to the point: Has any iPad user found a good way to access bibtex files
incl. links on their iPads?

I realize that this is not strictly speaking a Bibdesk question, so if this
considered inappropriate I apologize beforehand.

Backstory:
I am a happy Bibdesk user for some 10+ years. I have been using Pocketbib on
iPad for several years to access my Bibdesk generated bibtex file with links to
Google drive hosted pdfs. Its been *great* to have easy ipad access to my huge
article and book collection.

Recently I had to reinstall my iPad from scratch. I had not realised that
Pocketbib had been pulled from the app store, and that the iPad backups no
longer contains backups of the actual program. So it seems I can no longer get
Pocketbib on my iPad. Of course I can still access the pdfs using the Google
Drive app but it is just so much more cumbersome than the previous solution.

Best
Morten

PS: I realize that at some point there were some attempt to make a Bibdesk for
ios, but if I understand correctly it has very low priority. With the current
size of the number of active developers this is probably the correct decision,
as the main focus should be to keep OSX app in great condition.