I rode a few miles of the Military Ridge trail yesterday, near Blue Mound State Park and Brigham County Park, and there were a lot of holes, a few ruts, and a lot of loose sand. I attributed the sand to whatever naturally happens when the trail freezes and thaws several times. I attributed the holes to chipmunks and other similar-sized critters. I don't imagine there was sufficient pedestrian traffic over the winter on this part of the trail to create the number of holes I encountered, but that's just conjecture on my part.

--
Paul T. O'Leary
Chronic Nuisance