Victoria BC - a city of about 80K - is getting a dockless bicycle share
system:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bike-sharing-victoria-1.4292987

And it's a different company than the four that have announced or are
deployed in Seattle - U-Bicycle. The initial deployment, at 150 bikes, is
small. They have committed to going to 300.

The article doesn't mention it, but it appears from their (awful, at least
in English) site:

 https://www.u-bicycle.com/en/

that each bicycle includes a helmet. Like King County (where Seattle is),
BC has a mandatory helmet law. All the Seattle deployers have treated that
as a customer issue, so it's interesting to see a vendor provide them - if
it works out, that will put pressure on the others.

I don't have numbers, but it seems to me that fewer Vancouver cyclists are
wearing helmets every day. Enforcement is light, generally being reserved
as a way to harass cyclists who somehow attract the ire of a police.

--
S. Rose