Our May 2023 maintenance releases of BIND 9 are available and can be downloaded
from the ISC software download page, https://www.isc.org/download.

A summary of significant changes in the new releases can be found in their
release
notes:

  - current supported stable branches:

    9.16.41 -
https://downloads.isc.org/isc/bind9/9.16.41/doc/arm/html/notes.html
    9.18.15 -
https://downloads.isc.org/isc/bind9/9.18.15/doc/arm/html/notes.html

  - experimental development branch:

    9.19.13 -
https://downloads.isc.org/isc/bind9/9.19.13/doc/arm/html/notes.html

---

We recommend to users contemplating moving from the EOL BIND 9.11 branch to the
BIND 9.16 branch that they read the following document:

https://kb.isc.org/docs/changes-to-be-aware-of-when-moving-from-911-to-916

---

With the January release of BIND 9.18.11, we are now designating the BIND 9.18
branch an Extended Support Version (ESV).  Users of ISC-packaged BIND please
note that we are not yet changing the version of BIND provided in our
Cloudsmith
and COPR repositories; these will remain the same until BIND 9.20 is published,
at which point we will announce the rollover of the repository contents.

We have also published a new document covering differences to be aware of when
migrating from the BIND 9.16 branch to the BIND 9.18 branch:

https://kb.isc.org/docs/changes-to-be-aware-of-when-moving-from-bind-916-to-918

Users migrating from EOL BIND 9.11 branch directly to BIND 9.18 (bypassing BIND
9.16)
should look at both the "changes to be aware of" documents linked above.

--
Peter Davies
ISC Support