As part of our policy of pre-notification of upcoming security releases, we are writing to inform you that the June 2023 BIND 9 maintenance releases that will be published on Wednesday, 21 June will contain patches for security vulnerabilities affecting stable BIND 9 release branches.

Further details about those vulnerabilities will be publicly disclosed at the time the releases are published. It is our hope that this pre-announcement will aid BIND operators in preparing for that disclosure when it occurs. If you have feedback or questions concerning this policy, kindly direct them to security-officer at isc.org.