I'm seeing what looks like a stuck glue record in the GTLD servers and I'm hoping I've just overlooked something simple. There are several domains which list the following as their nameservers:

        ns.netdentalcare.com
        ns2.netdentalcare.com

The zone for these (netdentalcare.com) was moved to a new ISP several days ago. The new servers are properly resolving the names and the old servers no longer are. Unfortunately, nobody can seem to resolve these names unless they directly ask the new servers. Upon investigation, I discovered the GTLD servers seem to be holding onto a stale glue record for the zone's prior server:

> ns.netdentalcare.com.
Server:         h.gtld-servers.net.
Address:        192.54.112.30#53

------------
    QUESTIONS:
        ns.netdentalcare.com, type = A, class = IN
    ANSWERS:
    ->  ns.netdentalcare.com
        internet address = 64.84.39.197
    AUTHORITY RECORDS:
    ->  netdentalcare.com
        nameserver = ns1.idaserver.com.
    ->  netdentalcare.com
        nameserver = ns2.idaserver.com.
    ADDITIONAL RECORDS:
    ->  ns1.idaserver.com
        internet address = 207.178.132.75
    ->  ns2.idaserver.com
        internet address = 207.178.132.76
Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   ns.netdentalcare.com
Address: 64.84.39.197

I assumed this would have timed-out after two-days, but it hasn't. Nobody is resolving the name to that address anymore. I checked the old zone file to ensure it didn't have a long TTL and it didn't (86,400 seconds).

If anybody has any insight into this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

--
Milo Hyson
Chief Scientist