From: bind-users-boun...@lists.isc.org
[mailto:bind-users-boun...@lists.isc.org] On Behalf Of Kevin Darcy
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 12:53 PM
To: bind-users@lists.isc.org
Subject: Re: bind configuration help

Holger Honert wrote:
Security issues!

Usually you only want *trusted* clients to use your server recursively.

And you don't really want to allow *any* fetching your hosted zones for doing something bad, i.e. getting (unwanted!) infos
over your network and infrastructure.
If the infos are public, they're public, the only difference is that zone transfers are a more efficient way of fetching more than about 2 or 3 records in a single transaction, compared to querying each one individually.

If you want your network and infrastructure infos to be private, then put them in a private zone that can't be queried from the Internet at all.

- Kevin

Regards

Holger

Jukka Pakkanen schrieb:
Sorry, but could You specify more accurately what is "bad" ? This is
my first bind configuration, so probably I've made some mistakes, but
I'd like to do it the right way in the end.:)