Greetings

my isp has some private address space which has dns resolution and can be
queried from the outside world.

I asked them about this because we use this private address space and it is
showing up in our DNS lookups. here was there response;

>    I've discussed this with our systems administrators and have been told
> that this is performing as expected.  ISP DNS servers do contain information
> about private adresses that are in use on our network.  If you are utilizing
> our DNS servers, you will see resolution of private IPs to ISP hostnames when
> appropriate.  That will not occur using external DNS servers.  You will see
> resolution of PTD hostnames to private IPs from external servers, but not IP
> resolution to hostnames.  As long as reverse DNS (IP to hostname) is not
> propogating, things are functioning normally.

so even from google public dns i see lookups that refer back to a private
address space on my ISP's net.

is that right ?
-j