Hi.
I have taken over some dns servers, and the process of doing upgrade,
half way through the process..

I have a question about the zone files , as there is some
configuration here that I have not seen before and seems out of place.

here is an excerpt of the zone file

$TTL 14400

@               IN      SOA     example.com. postmaster.example.com. (
                                2010042142      ; Serial
                                3600            ; Refresh (1 hours)
                                1200            ; Retry   (20 minutes)
                                1728000         ; Expire  (20 days)
                                14400           ; Minimum (4 hours)
                                )
                IN      NS      ns1.example.com.
                IN      NS      ns2.example.com.
;               IN      NS      ns1.catalyst.net.nz.

                IN      MX      10 mail01.example.com.
                IN      MX      10 mail02.example.com.
;               IN      MX      20 mail03.example.com.

                IN      A       202.xx.xx.2

ns1             IN      A       192.168.xx.xx
ns2             IN      A       192.168.xx.xx

listserv        IN      A       202.xx.xx.2
                IN      MX      10      mcvpemr01
                IN      MX      10      mcvpemr02
cache           IN      A       202.xx.xx.1
                IN      MX      10      mcvpemr01
                IN      MX      10      mcvpemr02
captaincomet    IN      A       202.xx.xx.1
                IN      MX      10      mcvpemr01
                IN      MX      10      mcvpemr02
louie           IN      A       202.xx.xx.1
                IN      MX      10      mcvpemr01
                IN      MX      10      mcvpemr02
mail01          IN      A       192.168.xx.xx
                IN      MX      10      mcvpemr01
                IN      MX      10      mcvpemr02
mail02          IN      A       192.168.xx.xx
                IN      MX      10      mcvpemr01
                IN      MX      10      mcvpemr02
nelson          IN      A       202.xx.xx.1
                IN      MX      10      mcvpemr01
                IN      MX      10      mcvpemr02

My question is why would "IN    MX    10    mcvpemr01" and "IN    MX
 10    mcvpemr02" be repeated trough the zone file surely this is
redundant ?

Thanks
Greg