Zitat von Lazy <lazy...@gmail.com>:

2010/12/30 Lazy <lazy...@gmail.com>:
2010/12/28 Dennis Clarke <dcla...@blastwave.org>:

trying to resolve www.microsoft.com or microsoft.com results in a
"connection timed out; no servers could be reached"

Well, for what it's worth - it's not just you having that issue. When
testing from home and from work I get the same.

works fine for me on linux and Solaris.

bind and powerdns-recursor seems to reply with all records for
microsoft.com they have, so if You earlier request for A and TXT you

it looks like it's only powerdns, now I can't reproduce it using bind

could someone who has "working" resolver try to restart, and do some
ANY queries without cache ?

With cache reset
Unbound 1.4.7 --> Timeout
Bind 9.7.2-P3 --> Timeout

After doing some other queries for microsoft.com Bind does infact deliever what it has, Unbound does not. Beside the fact that MS will get in trouble if there first often used RRset will get bigger then 512Byte, why do you need ANY queries at all?

Regards

Andreas