Alan Clegg wrote:
On 12/31/2010 9:39 AM, p...@mail.nsbeta.info wrote:
Ben Croswell writes:
It seems like you
are making the process more complex, instead of just letting BIND do it's
job.
No. because I have many zones, and each zone has some views.
So the standard zone-transfer will most likely get broken due to the
complexity.

Done carefully (which will be the case in all circumstances), doing zone
transfers within views of many zones is no more "likely to get broken"
than doing it with external mechanisms.

Been there, done that, have the tee-shirt and certainly don't want to
use rsync.

AlanC
I agree with Alan, the command line and private tools are great for DNS admins; but when you need to give end users the ability to 24x7 change RRs in their zones, automated tools seem to be the only option.

I imagine that the "write once" vs "write and then click" holy war does not apply in this case.

Cheers!
Gary