On 11/05/11 14:55, Mark Andrews wrote:

In message<4dca7893.5060...@imperial.ac.uk>, Phil Mayers writes:
On 11/05/11 12:17, Mark Andrews wrote:

{ms,krb5}-subdomain allows updates of *.machinename

One note - this isn't so handy if you have a disjoint namespace, where:

machinename.*.example.com

...is what you want. We are in this boat, and can't use the built in
ACLs for this very reason.

This from 9.8 should help you.

3003.   [experimental]  Added update-policy match type "external",
                         enabling named to defer the decision of whether to
                         allow a dynamic update to an external daemon.
                         (Contributed by Andrew Tridgell.) [RT #22758]

Yeah, I've looked at that. It's on my TODO list to implement it. Thanks for the heads-up though.