On 08.10.13 11:49, John Wobus wrote:
We received a report that a domain we serve
was not resolving at a remote site.  The site
also reported their own analysis that the issue
appeared to be that the domain's NS record had
a longer TTL than its target nameserver's
A record and their caching server didn't
seem able to handle this.  FYI, the nameserver
was not within the domain with the issue.

it's hard to say from this information. Maybe if you provided concrete
domain name(s) we could tell more.

They took responsibility for their
nameserver's deficiency, but it
makes me wonder:
-Is this addressed by a standard?  E.g.,
the nameserver's A record have the same
TTL as NS records pointing at it.

It should be the same, when the server is in the domain.  I met exactly
those issues when NS record had longer ttl then the A record in the same
domain.

Micro$oft random number generator: 0, 0, 0, 4.33e+67, 0, 0, 0...