On 20/12/13 11:40, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
>>> what's in logs on master?
>
> On 20.12.13 11:21, Daniel Lintott wrote:
>> Nothing seems to be logged for any transfers on the master... even with
>> the following logging statement added
>>
>> logging {
>>     channel xfer {
>>         file "/var/log/named/xfer.log";
>>         print-category yes;
>>         print-severity yes;
>>         print-time yes;
>>         };
>>     category xfer-out {
>>         xfer;
>>         };
>>     };
>
> that's why I prefer logging everything somewhere...
> maybe it's in other category...

Even logging every category each to separate files, doesn't seem to
yield anything.

But... as a way of eliminating the various components, I have setup 2
master zones on the second server (server2).

These both transfer fine to the first server (server1)... and when I add
the logging clause for xfer-out it generates logs.

Which leads to believe that maybe the build of 9.9.4-P1 on server1,
might be at fault. I think I will try and rebuild bind as there seems to
be several issues... that don't exist on the other server, which has an
identical OS.

Regards

Daniel