I run bind 9.10.2-P3.
I have three classes of forwarders that I'd like to use:
(1) my own, hosted forwarder. fast & private, but not redundant infrastructure
(2) private/encrypted hosted forwarders. slow, private, and redundant
infrastructure.
(3) reliable ISP & public forwarders. fast, redundant, privacy-challenged
(Google, OpenDNS, AT&T, etc).
Reading the Arm & chatting in #irc IIUC 'forwarders' are NOT queried in order
listed, and there's no option to set priority, failover, round-robin etc.
I'm requesting such a feature.
For example,
Forwaders would be queried in order of priority, and pools of multiple
forwarders would be round-robin weighted within a given priority level.
So in conf, we could have
forward only;
forwarders { 11.11.11.11 port 11111 prio 1; 22.22.22.1 port 53 prio 2;
22.22.22.2 port 53 prio 2; 8.8.8.8 prio 3; 8.8.4.4 prio 3; };
Thanks!
_______________________________________________
Please visit https://lists.isc.org/mailman/listinfo/bind-users to unsubscribe
from this list
bind-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.isc.org/mailman/listinfo/bind-users