Am 08.09.2015 um 06:46 schrieb stavrostseriotis:
Ok here is what I did:

·After extracting the package I looked out at directories
*/usr/local/bin *and */usr/local/sbin *as mentioned in the procedure but
I found that there are no files there.

man updatedb
man locate

·I run *configure* command *without openssl* because I had trouble with
the openssl library when it was enabled. Also since I am not currently
using DNSSEC I guess that this is not a problem.

confiure pretty sure says what install prefix is used

·Then I run *make* and I didn’t get any error.

·I run *make install* and I didn’t get any error again.

·Stopped named service

·I copied the /etc/named.conf file and then created another empty file
as instructed with the correct permissions.

·Started named service. It started normally without any error and also
the process that was up is the same as before.

·When I do *named –V* and also *rpm –q bind* I still see the same
versions as before.

Yes I know that if I was using the RedHat package I wouldn’t had this
problem because I already do this for other linux machines. Just this
machine is old and when it was configured to work as nameserver the guys
did it this way. Now we are in the process to build a new machine for
nameserver with RedHat subscription and everything but until that
happens it will be best if we can get rid of this security vulnerability
cause I don’t know how long it will take.

Thank you for your responses.