Hi there,

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018, Hardy, Andrew wrote:

Further to the original post, as well as not creating a DNS record
and "possibly" adding robot.txt with appropriate content, as
discussed, I presume that if I run the http server on a personally
selected unprivileged port then it is very "unlikely" the site pages
will be indexed/discovered/etc surely?

Thoughts?

A server on a non-standard port is often neglected.  Its security may
be less well maintained than one that is intentionally public.

That's just the sort of thing that criminals are looking for.  They'll
probably find it, and then they'll attack it.

--

73,
Ged.